Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Delicatessen: International Comfort Food




Last weekend, Joel and I went down to SOHO for a little lunch and shopping.  SOHO is full of tons of different restaurants, but we luckily stumbled upon this amazing place.  Delicatessen is located on the corner of Prince Street and Lafayette Street, which I guess is actually Nolita.


While, the restaurant was pretty packed, we ended up just grabbing some seats at the bar.  The bartender there was awesome, so we had a great time.

 
The food was To Die For!

I had the most amazing Mac & Cheese, Margarita Mac, with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, parmigiano, and basil.  It might have been one of the best things I have ever tasted.  Yummm!!!  Oh, and I cannot forget about my delicious Pear Bellini.  Bellini's are one of my favorite cocktails.
 

Joel's sandwich looked pretty damn good, too!  In his words, "It was a man sandwich!"  It was the Delicatessen Reuben on Rye Sandwich with hand-sliced corned beef, sauerkraut, swiss and russian dressing.  The bartender told us that it was going to pretty huge, but delicious, and that he normally cannot finish it all.  Joel said "Challenge Accepted!"


And we had to try their Truffle Parmesan Fries, obviously.  I mean who could honestly resist them!


After leaving, I checked out their website, and was sad to say that we may have missed one of the coolest parts about the restaurant, their downstairs... Take a look...

 


No comments:

Post a Comment