Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Walking Across the Brooklyn Bridge

I am a List Person, I make lists for everything, restaurants, books, movies, music, things I want to do, things I need to do, things I want to buy, I mean everythinggg, but my favorite list is "Things I Want To Do in New York City!"  And what I love more than creating lists is getting to cross things off my lists.  And as this year has gone by, I have been able to cross a few things off of this veryyy long list: Top of the Rock, Ice Skating at Bryant Park, Coney Island Ferris Wheel, Brooklyn Cyclones game, Bronx Zoo, Central Park Zoo.
And this weekend, I got to cross off another adventure from my New York City list: Walking Across the Brooklyn Bridge!  After attempting the always fun Weekend Subway Schedule of the 4/5/6 trains, we finally made it to the Brooklyn Bridge stop, a few hours later. With my scarf and sweater I was ready to venture onto the bridge on the very Windy, late October day.  It was a little chilly, but not as bad as I was expecting.  The walk was great, we got to see the building where I work, and lots of other great views.


When we got to Brooklyn, I wanted to walk around a bit and go down to the water and see the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory, but it was a little too cold for ice cream.  After some people watching (we actually saw Santonio Holmes, WR for the Jets) and picture taking, we headed back over the bridge to venture another subway trip home.

No comments:

Post a Comment